The Official Forums of eCanada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

July-August Speaker Nominations.

Go down 
+5
Muglack
Majial
DMV3
Xichael
Exalted Druid
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Exalted Druid

Exalted Druid

July-August Speaker Nominations. Empty
PostSubject: July-August Speaker Nominations.   July-August Speaker Nominations. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 7:32 pm

I now open the floor for nominations for a speaker to complete the term of July- August.

Remember the congressman who wants to be speaker must express an interest to have the job here and does not need to be nominated or seconded by others.
Back to top Go down
Xichael

Xichael

PostSubject: Re: July-August Speaker Nominations.   July-August Speaker Nominations. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 7:45 pm

I nominate crisfire.
Back to top Go down
DMV3
Head Butt
Head Butt
DMV3

PostSubject: Re: July-August Speaker Nominations.   July-August Speaker Nominations. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 8:19 pm

I nominate Muglack because Congress is full of derps and needs spanked.
Back to top Go down
Majial

Majial

PostSubject: Re: July-August Speaker Nominations.   July-August Speaker Nominations. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 8:49 pm

I nominate Exalted Druid , He completed the last speakers term and deserves a run of his own.
Back to top Go down
Muglack

PostSubject: Re: July-August Speaker Nominations.   July-August Speaker Nominations. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 3:46 am

DMV can't nominate me, so I nominate myself.

You see what I did there? That's called knowing the rules and using them to make sure that Congress does what's it's supposed, and not whatever the Love it wants.

Back to top Go down
crisfire

crisfire

PostSubject: Re: July-August Speaker Nominations.   July-August Speaker Nominations. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 4:35 am

I decline in favour of Muglack
Back to top Go down
Exalted Druid

Exalted Druid

PostSubject: Re: July-August Speaker Nominations.   July-August Speaker Nominations. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 4:42 am

Muglack wrote:
DMV can't nominate me, so I nominate myself.

You see what I did there? That's called knowing the rules and using them to make sure that Congress does what's it's supposed, and not whatever the Love it wants.

Reading my original post on the topic does not hurt either.

I won't be running for speaker as my vacation is in August.
Back to top Go down
Chochi

PostSubject: Re: July-August Speaker Nominations.   July-August Speaker Nominations. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 6:31 am

Are you guys really trying to out pedant each other? Because I'm here.
Back to top Go down
Rylde

Rylde

PostSubject: Re: July-August Speaker Nominations.   July-August Speaker Nominations. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 9:28 am

I decline any future nominations that I know are coming
Back to top Go down
Chochi

PostSubject: Re: July-August Speaker Nominations.   July-August Speaker Nominations. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 3:04 am

While I'm sure that Muglack would do another good job, I'm not a fan of coronations so I'm throwing my hate hat into the ring.

Last edited by Chochi on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Definitely not a Freudian slip...)
Back to top Go down
Exalted Druid

Exalted Druid

PostSubject: Re: July-August Speaker Nominations.   July-August Speaker Nominations. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 3:11 am

Good, we will have a vote

iii. Once all nominations are posted, and no earlier than 00:00 erep on the 28th, the speaker posts the vote in the ODC voting thread and includes all nominees.

Be easier to understand if this read 23:59 or 00:01. That is the way most contracts read to avoid confusion.

I will put the vote up tomorrow morning then.
Back to top Go down
Chochi

PostSubject: Re: July-August Speaker Nominations.   July-August Speaker Nominations. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 4:18 am

Your call but 00:00 is definitely the first minute of the day.
Back to top Go down
Majial

Majial

PostSubject: Re: July-August Speaker Nominations.   July-August Speaker Nominations. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 8:34 am

Well it's either the 1st or the last minute.
Back to top Go down
Muglack

PostSubject: Re: July-August Speaker Nominations.   July-August Speaker Nominations. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 8:38 am

Just so we're clear, 00:00 on the 28th would of been the minute before 00:01 of the 28th, not the minute before 00:01 of the 29th.

You know... just so we're clear Razz

Back to top Go down
Majial

Majial

PostSubject: Re: July-August Speaker Nominations.   July-August Speaker Nominations. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 8:44 am

Are you sure? that minute could be critically vital !
Back to top Go down
Utat

Utat

PostSubject: Re: July-August Speaker Nominations.   July-August Speaker Nominations. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:45 pm

I second ED ^^
Back to top Go down
Chochi

PostSubject: Re: July-August Speaker Nominations.   July-August Speaker Nominations. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 12:05 am

That minute has 24 hours, apparently, so it's not the smallest deal.
Back to top Go down
Exalted Druid

Exalted Druid

PostSubject: Re: July-August Speaker Nominations.   July-August Speaker Nominations. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 12:11 am

I think we call all agree that minimum time limit has been met so I will begin the vote.

I would really like it changed though to either 00:01 or 23:59. I may be simple but 00:00 is confusing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July-August Speaker Nominations.   July-August Speaker Nominations. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

July-August Speaker Nominations.
Page 1 of 1