The Official Forums of eCanada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Congressman's Pledge

Go down 
+4
SGTRock
Utat
crisfire
Exalted Druid
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Exalted Druid

Exalted Druid

Congressman's Pledge Empty
PostSubject: Congressman's Pledge   Congressman's Pledge Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 3:08 am

I was thinking we should make us some kind of congressman's pledge that outlines the minimum duties of a congress man.

Signing up for the forums. Checking forums regularly. Reading the constitution and following it, that sort of thing.  

The idea is for PP to send the pledge to everyone on the congress list prior to finalizing the list. Those that agree would get preference on the list.

Not a law to force PP or party but as tool to assist parties that they could adopt. We could announce the parties have agreed to use the pledge as an incentive for parties to agree to use it.
Back to top Go down
crisfire

crisfire

PostSubject: Re: Congressman's Pledge   Congressman's Pledge Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 5:25 am

I like it

Something a party can promote themselves as a way to attract new members

"This party adheres to the Congressman's Pledge"

Something other party's can point out about party's that dont adopt it

I like it
Back to top Go down
Utat

Utat

PostSubject: Re: Congressman's Pledge   Congressman's Pledge Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 9:36 am

Sound good for me

o7
Back to top Go down
SGTRock

SGTRock

PostSubject: Re: Congressman's Pledge   Congressman's Pledge Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 10:59 am

otay buckwheat
Back to top Go down
ErickLeRouge

ErickLeRouge

PostSubject: Re: Congressman's Pledge   Congressman's Pledge Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 9:30 pm

I think that if you show up for congress then show up for forum is a minimum. But I keep thinking that when something is important, the forum link should be send in the thread mail in game. Just to make sure we are not missing anybody
Back to top Go down
TE Lawrence

PostSubject: Re: Congressman's Pledge   Congressman's Pledge Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 1:07 pm

If we work together, congress is better. this sort of document is something my party has sent out in the past. If we can make a short handbook collectively i have no objections.
Back to top Go down
Exalted Druid

Exalted Druid

PostSubject: Re: Congressman's Pledge   Congressman's Pledge Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 11:22 pm

Okay lets spit ball something then. Not much to it really.  

If elected to Congress of eCanada I will agree to the following:

1) I will sign up on the Government of Canada forums found here https://ecan.forumotion.com and check it on a regular basis in order to follow and understand government business.

2) I will read and follow the rules of the Government Charter of eCanada found on the forums here
https://ecan.forumotion.com/t545-the-government-charter-of-ecanada-nov-2014

3) I will propose no law in game without first following the rules as outlined in the charter which reads:

3a) In-game proposals - Any member of congress wishing to put forward an in game proposal must post their reasons either on the forums or in an article in game and allow 24 hours for discussion before proceeding with the proposal in game. The only exception being pre-approved proposals such as funding transfers from an approved budget. If posted in game it is the duty of the poster to alert congress.

4. I will vote "No" on any in game law proposals regardless of merit if the rule in 3a was not followed.
Back to top Go down
Majial

Majial

PostSubject: Re: Congressman's Pledge   Congressman's Pledge Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 2:51 am

Maybe an addendum to PP's about ensuring the people they put forward to congress will be active etc?
Back to top Go down
Exalted Druid

Exalted Druid

PostSubject: Re: Congressman's Pledge   Congressman's Pledge Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 9:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Rylde

Rylde

PostSubject: Re: Congressman's Pledge   Congressman's Pledge Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 10:06 am

I can promise i'll have my party active and in here as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
Majial

Majial

PostSubject: Re: Congressman's Pledge   Congressman's Pledge Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 8:46 pm

Cookies and Scotch for Rylde.
Back to top Go down
Rylde

Rylde

PostSubject: Re: Congressman's Pledge   Congressman's Pledge Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 9:13 pm

Sure I'll take it because I doubt any other party in the top 5 can promise the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congressman's Pledge   Congressman's Pledge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Congressman's Pledge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Forums of eCanada :: Government / Gouvernement :: Congress / Congrès :: MAY-JULY 2015-
Jump to: