The Official Forums of eCanada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate

Go down 
+2
The Anaconda
DMV3
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DMV3
Head Butt
Head Butt
DMV3

Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate Empty
PostSubject: Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate   Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 11:48 pm

With the powers given to me by the Constitution of Canada I order that the tax rates be changed to the following.

Work Tax: 10%
Import Rax: 1% across the board
VAT: 1% across the board

Congress needs to comply with this order immediately. Once a new Speaker is elected Congress can move to overturn through the mechanisms given to them by the Constitution if they so wish. If Congress fails to recognize this order they are violating the Constitution that governs eCanada.
Back to top Go down
The Anaconda

The Anaconda

PostSubject: Re: Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate   Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 1:42 am

nope
Back to top Go down
Majial

Majial

PostSubject: Re: Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate   Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 4:51 am

Again i support the idea and the 10% increase , I dislike your need to hold congress to ransom over it . Not everyone is going to agree with you and you can't throw a tantrum when they don't .
Back to top Go down
crisfire

crisfire

PostSubject: Re: Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate   Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 5:08 am

can we compromise at 8% and guage income for a few days to see if its adequate for steady CO's

then we can discuss lowering it once we revert back to original regions

Back to top Go down
TE Lawrence

PostSubject: Re: Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate   Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 5:19 am

I voted yes in game but im with crisfire. small increase better then all or none.
Back to top Go down
Dillan Stone

PostSubject: Re: Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate   Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 6:14 am

To quote wikipedia, [citation needed] on the claim that the Constitution grants you unilateral power to set tax rates.

And if it does, then seriously just launch your coup, because there's zero point to even having a Congress if the President has such unilateral authority.
Back to top Go down
DMV3
Head Butt
Head Butt
DMV3

PostSubject: Re: Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate   Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 7:17 am

Dillan Stone wrote:
To quote wikipedia, [citation needed] on the claim that the Constitution grants you unilateral power to set tax rates.

And if it does, then seriously just launch your coup, because there's zero point to even having a Congress if the President has such unilateral authority.

Congress could hold a vote to overturn my EO, but you would need a Speaker to enact it.
Back to top Go down
Dillan Stone

PostSubject: Re: Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate   Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 7:50 am

Alright, fine.

As there are currently two nominees for Speaker, I address this motion to whomever of them is elected.

Just to make it official, I move to overturn the President's EO issued with respect to tax changes.  As the matter has been extensively debated already with respect to the first motion on taxes, I further move to proceed to a vote as quickly as possible, so as not to delay either the Congress or the President in resolving this conflict between the two entities.  If possible, I ask the speaker to proceed directly to a vote on the matter.

I will also point out that under the CRoO (which I believe the President intended to refer to when he said the word Constitution, although he may correct that interpretation if it is incorrect), only the Speaker may issue interpretations on the meaning of the CRoO.  As such, I pose a request to the Speaker, upon his or her election, to rule as to whether the purported executive order issued above must be enacted immediately pending the results of my motion, or are stayed until the resolution of my motion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate   Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Executive Order: Change in Tax Rate
Page 1 of 1