The Official Forums of eCanada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Suggestions

Go down 
+10
The Anaconda
G.K
Lightninghands
pane94
Muglack
Sally Willis
MCMXCIII
MaryChan
chedard666
Homer J Simpson
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Homer J Simpson
Admin
Homer J Simpson

Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 3:18 am

Ads are all taken care of now. Your view should be the same as mine  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Homer J Simpson
Admin
Homer J Simpson

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 4:06 am

I've had a bit of a play with the buttons. I've added some space between them and had a play with a new design.

I'll leave some old and some new up for now, let me know what you think
Back to top Go down
G.K

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 5:26 am

Homer J Simpson wrote:
I've had a bit of a play with the buttons. I've added some space between them and had a play with a new design.

I'll leave some old and some new up for now, let me know what you think

Personally, I find that the old (red rectangles) buttons' designs were meant to be placed flush with each other.

No offense intended but the new (canada flag) buttons aren't an improvement :p
Back to top Go down
Homer J Simpson
Admin
Homer J Simpson

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 6:40 am

G.K wrote:

No offense intended but the new (canada flag) buttons aren't an improvement :p

lol, they were just a quick thing I threw together after working nightshift  Razz 

How's the new ones? I used Lelouch's buttons, shrunk them a bit and added the raised background
Back to top Go down
G.K

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 6:54 am

Forum Suggestions - Page 2 PgAOVoJ

It's not too noticeable but they aren't quite aligned :/ perfectionist problems
Back to top Go down
Homer J Simpson
Admin
Homer J Simpson

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 6:57 am

I can fix that up easy enough. What do you think of the concept? What about the coloured backgrounds?
Back to top Go down
Sally Willis
Admin
Sally Willis

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 3:04 pm

Heh heh.

Gap is all gone. Way to go. o7

You want me to design some buttons? I heartily approve of on-the-fly design. Stick something up and see how it looks, wait for feedback.

I'll have to see how it looks -- and works -- on my phone before I comment further, but the new buttons are a little too garish for my taste.

The gap between the home and search buttons can't be helped unless you add a button in template placeholder for a calendar button. Is is possible to edit the template to remove that placeholder?
Back to top Go down
The Anaconda

The Anaconda

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 12:34 am

links to peoples in game profiles maybe?
Back to top Go down
Homer J Simpson
Admin
Homer J Simpson

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 12:54 am

The Anaconda wrote:
links to peoples in game profiles maybe?

You can add your in game profile link to your forum profile as your website. I'll see if there is a way to add it to your avatar or something similar
Back to top Go down
The Anaconda

The Anaconda

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 1:56 am

force people to fill it when they register then xD
Back to top Go down
Lightninghands
Lightninghands

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 1:57 am

New buttons are too "disco", if that's possible, remind me of Blip's logo a bit. They're well-designed, don't get me wrong, but I think we can do better.
Back to top Go down
Code-Y
Serial Pest
Serial Pest
Code-Y

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 10:00 am

The Anaconda wrote:
force people to fill it when they register then xD

Honestly. This would be useful in so many ways. Also, do we have subforums for Canadian parties?
Back to top Go down
Lightninghands
Lightninghands

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 11:35 pm

This is really minor, but Cabinet Members are in red font - the same red font as a community member (usually white) after their link's been clicked on. This may lead to unnecessary confusion.
Back to top Go down
Smoke
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 10:55 pm

My biggest is the White text on Black background. Long posts by Chochi or Mary are going to kill my non asian eyes. I would prefer the normal Black text on White or a light colour background. Just my opinion there.

Also, I am not sure if its just me, but finding new posts or unread topics seems harder then the old forums. Maybe I am still learning it all, but its seems that there have been topics that I've read, but when new posts are made in it, the little arrow thing doesn't always light up to the red colour like it should?

Thanks though for all the hard work from everyone though!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sally Willis
Admin
Sally Willis

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 11:02 pm

Smoke wrote:
My biggest is the White text on Black background.

I'm no fan of the black background either.  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
MaryChan
eCanadian Goddess
eCanadian Goddess
MaryChan

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 6:27 am

Smoke wrote:
Also, I am not sure if its just me, but finding new posts or unread topics seems harder then the old forums. Maybe I am still learning it all, but its seems that there have been topics that I've read, but when new posts are made in it, the little arrow thing doesn't always light up to the red colour like it should?
There might be a lack of contrast between the two colours denoting the new posts from the 'no new posts.'

Smoke wrote:
Long posts by Chochi or Mary are going to kill my non asian eyes.
Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Senpai_noticed_me_by_kira_nyan-d6mwiew
Back to top Go down
Funky 24

Funky 24

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:53 pm

MaryChan wrote:
Smoke wrote:
There might be a lack of contrast between the two colours denoting the new posts from the 'no new posts.'
The arrows denoting new posts for threads specifically should have their colour changed from red to green, in keeping with the sub-forum colour code for new posts/no new posts.

cherry alien
Back to top Go down
Homer J Simpson
Admin
Homer J Simpson

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:39 am

I'll see what I can do
Back to top Go down
Minou

Minou

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:41 am

Homer, master of the forum, we appreciate you.  sunny 
Back to top Go down
Homer J Simpson
Admin
Homer J Simpson

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 10:10 am

Merci  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Homer J Simpson
Admin
Homer J Simpson

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 5:16 am

All (I think  Razz ) new post indicators have been changed to green.

Thanks for the input
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Suggestions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2