The Official Forums of eCanada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In matter of the illegal proposals

Go down 
+4
DMV3
Exalted Druid
Majial
Molly Jo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Molly Jo

Molly Jo

In matter of the illegal proposals Empty
PostSubject: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 1:07 am

Although the "quorum" apparently can't be reached, I believe we should discuss the matter of those who proposed tax changes without following procedure, legally it's against the rules, but I don't believe we need to be overly harsh toward them.
Back to top Go down
Majial

Majial

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 1:09 am

I actually agree here , Proposals like that and the illegal impeachment attempt should be addressed.
Back to top Go down
Exalted Druid

Exalted Druid

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 1:12 am

Hard to sanction someone from the forums when they don't show up in the first place.

The tax changes were EO'd and no vote was taken to override the EO so I feel all tax proposals that followed the EO were in fact legal.

The people who voted against the EO were the ones who voted illegally.
Back to top Go down
DMV3
Head Butt
Head Butt
DMV3

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 1:30 am

Punish Congress for voting down the first two EOs. Ban everyone from the game! Seriously the only illegal proposal would have technically been the impeachment. However if the Speaker rules my EO violated the CRoO then the additional tax proposals would also be illegal.
Back to top Go down
Majial

Majial

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 1:36 am

So only the rogue impeachment is considered illegal then.
Back to top Go down
DMV3
Head Butt
Head Butt
DMV3

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 1:38 am

Majial wrote:
So only the rogue impeachment is considered illegal then.

That is entirely up to the Speaker to interpret. The CRoO gives the Speaker a lot of power in this matter
Back to top Go down
ErickLeRouge

ErickLeRouge

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 2:13 am

Put a proposal to a vote is done by a congress member and this should follow the rules (quorum I believe). But the banning stuff is a little borring
Back to top Go down
Majial

Majial

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 2:22 am

Boring yet sometimes needed , We cannot sit here insisting that people go by the rules we instill and then think we are above those rules when it suits us .
Back to top Go down
Molly Jo

Molly Jo

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 3:07 am

The Impeachment was illegal in my mind, and so was the first tax proposal pre EO.
Back to top Go down
Exalted Druid

Exalted Druid

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 4:42 am

You as speaker are the judge and jury on such matters and this is not up for debate. Can you link the two illegal proposals here?

I suggest you advise the persons and their PP of your ruling and educate them for future.
Back to top Go down
Molly Jo

Molly Jo

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 4:53 am

Back to top Go down
Molly Jo

Molly Jo

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 5:00 am

What is the recommend punishment?
Back to top Go down
Majial

Majial

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 5:04 am

I'd assume some form of banishment from the forum
Back to top Go down
crisfire

crisfire

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 5:10 am

how is this a matter of national security?

It shouldnt be in CDC

In the past a person has been banned from the forums for a period of time, 1-3 days and progressively harsher for repeated attempts
Back to top Go down
Exalted Druid

Exalted Druid

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 5:25 am

Yes we should try to keep as much as possible in ODC so we are transparent and we look like we are alive.

Topic is moved.
Back to top Go down
Pato Ar

Pato Ar

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 1:39 pm

I think it's important to bare in mind that several congressmen don't log in to the forums (some don't even have an account), and many of them don't even know what the CRoO is...
I'm thinking of starting a "Congressmen School " of some sort... Razz
Back to top Go down
SGTRock

SGTRock

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 11:27 pm

yes ma'am.
Back to top Go down
Molly Jo

Molly Jo

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 11:56 pm

Garry Carter has now also illegally proposed a tax change.
Back to top Go down
Exalted Druid

Exalted Druid

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 12:18 am

He does care to learn from what I have been told.
Back to top Go down
Majial

Majial

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 1:10 am

It's his 4th rogue proposal over 2 consecutive congress terms.
Back to top Go down
Exalted Druid

Exalted Druid

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 11:11 pm

As speaker I will not take any action and will start an education program instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In matter of the illegal proposals   In matter of the illegal proposals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In matter of the illegal proposals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Forums of eCanada :: Government / Gouvernement :: Congress / Congrès :: MAY-JULY 2015-
Jump to: